Helping business owners to improve website performance
Improve the user experience, performance and reliability of your WordPress & Woocommerce website.
Identify and mitigate security risks, protect your customer data and business reputation, and comply with regulations.
Implement good business practices to bounce back quickly from disruptive outages.
Who We Are
I am a service architect with 28 years of experience in designing, deploying and managing resilient, enterprise-grade IT systems and services.
FastFwd is a tiny technical advisory practice where I help website owners to improve the reliability and performance of their websites.
Cape Town, South Africa
Become an Expert
Web Engineer Certificate
The Web Engineer Certificate is a specialised course for IT professionals who design, deploy and maintain web servers and web apps.
This is a technology-agnostic course explores the fundamentals of caching, compression, security headers and more, and will equip you with the skills to design and tune high-performance web servers and hosting platforms.
- Configure Certbot
- Enable Secure Cookies
- Fix WordPress stuck in maintenance mode
- Configure file permissions for WordPress
- Delete Expired Transients
- Reject malicious requests
- Disable WordPress links in wp_head
- Create a Diffie-Helman Parameter File
- Redirect all HTTP traffic to HTTPS on OpenLiteSpeed
- Disable Directory Browsing
- Remove query strings on static resources
- Disable WordPress XML-RPC
- Configure wp-config.php
- Check your HTTP status codes with httpstatus.io
- Disable wp-cron and configure server cron
- Install and configure fail2ban